As a tutor, my teaching goal is not only to assist students to achieve better grades but also to help them find the cue to studying. This involves changing their habit of mind to effectively reach out their fullest potential in order to acquire a strong foundation in Mathematics and Science. Ultimately, this positive energies will motivate them to excel in all their future endeavors.
Below are just some of the testimonials I received from my students and parents 2016. As a tutor and teacher, my sense of achievements comes from my students showing improved grades after attending my lessons.
- 2017, Jann’s mum was pleased with her daughter’s improvement in Science result from F9 to B3 and decided to continue lesson in 2018.
- 2017 Irfan’s mum relay her son’s extreme satisfaction and understanding in the lesson taught by Mr. Khoo.
- 2016 form class student’s written letter to teacher. Students understood that rationale of teacher’s firm teaching
- 2016 form class. Collage of students’ perceptive of the teacher
- 2016 Secondary 1 (Express) student – Science result improved from failed to ~63/100 marks. Mother sought to continue tuition lessons
- 2016 Secondary 4 (NA) students- N level prelim percentile ranking (known as norm reference interpretation) improved from 30% to above 60% of the cohort. Student was engaged in 2015 for combined science
- 2015 Secondary 4 (Express) student – O Level Prelim A2 for Pure Physics and B3 for Pure Chemistry (Improved from C5 for chemistry and C6 for physics)
Student was first engaged in 2014 for chemistry
Pleased with chemistry result, the student’s father asked for help in physics in 2015
O Level results
- 2015 Secondary 3 (NA) student – Prelim C6 for combined science (was failing badly both sciences when his mother contacted me. in late July. I am still engaging the student for this year N level)
- 2015 Secondary 1 (NA) student – Prelim A2 for Maths and C6 for combined science (significant improvement in Maths and good improvement in science. I am still engaging the student for this year Sec 2 streaming)
- 2014 Secondary 4 (Express) student – O Level Prelim A2 for Physics and B3 for Chemistry (Improved from C5 for both subjects)
- 2014 Secondary 2 Express Student – Exceptionally well enough (A for Maths and Science) to qualify for Triple Science combination in upper secondary
- 2013 Secondary 4 (NA) student – N-Level A1 and A2 for E-Mathematics and Combined Science respectively.
Under MOE’s new Polytechnic Foundation Program, his raw ELMAB score of 9 enabled him to be enrolled into Polytechnic directly (bypassing O-Level)
- 2013 Secondary 2 (NA) student showing a significant improvement from 40/100 in Science SA1 to 66/100 in SA2 (cumulative score of 60/100) within a short span of 3 months being tutored by me
While many would expect the best grade out of any tuition, I on the other hand perceive this improvement as a motivation to work even harder . The improvement in his grade is an clear indication of him having more interest in the subject and that he is capable of more. (I am currently tutoring him and elder sibiling)
- My concept for science was poor and i had zero interest in studying for this subject before i have this tuition. I have to thank tutor tony for his patience in helping me to understand the concept and improving my result. (Trygve CCKS 2013) as seen on Past Year Paper Tuition Agency webpage